Monday, March 14, 2011

Paola Ursuline Book at Amazon.com


Journeys of Ursuline is now a reality--all 252 pages of Paola Ursuline memories captured from scrapbooks, photo albums, newspaper clippings, and even the Miami County Historical Society's archives.   The most special part, at least in my estimation, are the personal narratives--30 or so--written not only by alums but also by people in the community.  This is a treasure, especially with the maps of the original land use and the early pictures of the buildings.  I just hope that the word gets out to the alums, because they will want this final memory of a very special place.

I like the fact that it is available at Amazon.com because people clear across the country will be able to access it--if they know to do so.  I've sent messages to as many as I can think of.  Wish I knew how to handle Facebook more efficiently to get the word out that way.  Oh well, we'll hope for the best.